For all pets big or small, we highly recommend scheduling annual wellness exams. They allow us to effectively track your pet's general health as well as proactively prevent, detect, or monitor any problematic health issues that may occur. Puppies and kittens should seek immediate veterinary attention as soon as they are acquired due to highly susceptible immune systems, and senior pets ages eight or older should attend biannual checkups.
During these routine exams, your skilled veterinarian will conduct, administer, or discuss with you the following vital assessments in regards to your pet's wellness:
- Comprehensive physical exam:
- Vitals (weight, body temperature, breathing rate, and pulse)
- Thorough examination of the body including the mouth, nose, ears, eyes, abdomen, hips, joints, muscles, lymph nodes, skin, and fur
- Internal organs check such as listening to the heart and lungs
- Evaluation of any possible tumors or pain
- Internal parasite testing
- Heartworm, flea, and tick preventive prescriptions (customized to your pet's specific needs)
- Be sure to ask our receptionist for mail-in rebates on Sentinel and Frontline Plus products.
- As a word of caution, we (along with the drug companies themselves) strongly discourage you from purchasing any pet drugs or preventives from anywhere other than veterinary hospitals such as West Park Animal Hospital. Those purchased online, for example, are not held to appropriate handling standards, thereby delivering you faulty medications that could either be ineffective or cause further health complications.
- Specialized blood tests for each stage of life (helps to monitor normal yearly levels as well as catch the early onset of disease or illness)
- Pocket pet husbandry advice (discussions of nutrition and optimal living environment)
- Nutritional counseling
- Specialty and prescription diets are available for purchase at our Cleveland, Ohio, location. We carry highly recommended brands from Hills Prescription Diet to Iams and Purina.
- Conversations regarding your pet's general daily behavior, eating and drinking habits, exercise routine, and any concerns you may have about the health and wellbeing of your companion animal
For further information about our pet wellness care program, please contact us during business hours. Call today to schedule your companion's wellness exam!