Mother’s Day is a wonderful opportunity to let the moms in your life know how much you value their hard work and dedication. But what about pet moms? The ones we see are equally committed to the health and happiness of the animals in their care, and the devotion and adoration is definitely not one-sided. We all try to make the world a better place, and pet moms deserve to be honored this spring.
Same but Different
Pet moms know what it’s like to wake up to the sound of a beloved pet vomiting. Not only will they clean up the mess, but they’ll stay by their pet’s side offering comfort and security. Pet moms understand that their time is never really their own, and if their pet needs them for any reason, they’ll be there. For grooming appointments, extra exercise, or quick transport in the case of an emergency, pet moms never falter in the face of their pet’s needs.
To Love Unconditionally
Pet moms love their pets no matter what, and there are dozens of ways you can show how much you admire their unending compassion and care, such as:
- Print a picture of her pets and frame them in any adorable pet-themed frame.
- Check out some of the fabulous Etsy shops that sell items just for pet moms.
- Choose a bracelet with charms representing her pet’s breed.
- Plan a pet-centric picnic in the park (bring a frisbee, of course!).
- Purchase a professional photography session for your pet mom and her pets.
- Provide gift certificates to her favorite pet shop, groomer, or for a wellness exam.
- Take her out to eat at any one of the pet-friendly restaurants in the CLE.
- Download some of her favorite pet movies. You know she’s got that list stashed close by!
- Don’t forget the card! Many card sections now include a “from the cat” or “from the dog” option.
Make it Special (and Safe!)
Many of the common gifts moms receive include flowers and chocolates, both of which have the potential to cause serious harm to her four-legged “kids.” If this is your gift of choice, make sure her pets do not have access. Even the slightest dusting of poisonous flowers, like lilies, can be dangerous. Depending on the weight of the animal and the amount consumed, chocolate can also be deadly.
Fur Babies Love Pet Moms
Most pet moms really just want more time to spend with their fur babies, friends, and family members. However you decide to honor the special lady in your life, one thing is for certain: her pet will have a great time just being involved!