Our clinic offers walk-in critical care services for your pets every day between the extended hours of 5 p.m. to 1 a.m. Monday through Saturday and 8 a.m. to 1 a.m. on Sunday. When your pet needs urgent care, our highly skilled veterinary staff, and a critical care veterinarian will be there to welcome you and address all of your concerns and offer the best, most up-to-date care for your furry family member. We are trained to address pet-related emergencies quickly, professionally, and with compassion.
When Pets Need Urgent Care
As much as we wish we could prevent it, our pets sometimes experience accidents that require immediate attention from a trained professional. Your pet may need critical care if they are experiencing:
- Bleeding from orifices or bleeding that doesn’t stop within 5 minutes
- Choking, non-stop coughing, or excessive gagging
- Inability to pass urine or stool, or obvious pain when doing either
- Seizures or unusual gait
- Ingestion of poison substances (chocolate, rat poison, medications, etc.)
- Signs of extreme pain or anxious behavior
- 2 or more episodes of diarrhea or vomiting in a 24-hour period or these symptoms in combination with any of the other symptoms listed above
- Refusal of fluids for more than 24 hours
- Loss of consciousness
- Fractured bones or severe limping
- Injuries to the eye or eyes
If your pet experiences any of the following symptoms, call us immediately so we can carefully walk you through the steps necessary to tend to and transport your pet safely to our facility.
When You Arrive
When you arrive at our facility, one of our critical care veterinarians will examine your pet and determine what level of care is needed. Our critical care veterinary technicians are on hand, 24-hours a day to monitor your pet closely if they need to stay with us to get well. In addition to the skilled care of our highly trained staff, our hospital also has:
- Oxygen cages if your pet requires oxygen support to get well
- Fluid pumps to keep your pet hydrated and to deliver treatments and pain medications
- A strategically placed intensive care unit in the middle of our hospital so we can continually and carefully monitor your pet
We also ensure that your pet has the best pain control for their injury or illness by using a number of therapeutic medications and procedures. We understand it is important that your pet feel as comfortable as possible in our facility for their continued health and security. Our staff is on-hand to offer comforting reassurance so you can rest assured that we will treat your cat or dog like family.
Please visit the following link for more information on our Emergency Procedures. WPAH Emergency Visit Information.
Let us Treat Your Pet
Our mission is to provide the highest quality care for your pet using the most advanced medical and surgical treatments. We are committed to treating your pet with the utmost compassion and expertise, and we are certified by the renowned AAHA organization. Take a look at the other services we offer that help keep your pet happy and healthy year-round. To receive critical care for your pet, please call (216) 252-4500 or come directly to our animal hospital at 4117 Rocky River Drive, Cleveland, OH 44135.
PET EMERGENCY CONTACT INFORMATION
West Park Animal Hospital
4117 Rocky River Drive
Cleveland, OH 44135
EXTENDED VETERINARY EMERGENCY HOURS
Sunday: 8 a.m. – 1 a.m.
Monday: 5 p.m. – 1 a.m.
Tuesday: 5 p.m. – 1 a.m.
Wednesday: 5 p.m. – 1 a.m.
Thursday: 5 p.m. – 1 a.m.
Friday: 5 p.m. – 1 a.m.
Saturday: 5 p.m. – 1 a.m.
Thank you for your Cleveland Hot List votes. We were voted #1 again for the 5th year in a row! We are happy to continue to serve the community and appreciate your support.