Held to the highest standards in advanced and innovative pet care, our AAHA accreditation translates to high-end, top-quality veterinary surgery and post-operative care. Our two-table, state-of-the-art surgical suite in our Cleveland, Ohio, facility houses revolutionary technology from laser surgery equipment and pulse oximeters to inhaled anesthetic machines and other breakthrough instruments used for soft tissue and orthopedic pet surgeries. In addition, our dependable team of trusted and compassionate veterinarians exceeds standard requirements through years of extensive training and continuing education.
Our VISION STATEMENT
Our vision is to be the best possible surgery team by focusing on outstanding patient care and delivering optimal medicine. We strive to create an environment of compassion, teamwork, communication, positivity, and efficiency. We continually aspire to develop, support, and lift up one another while contributing to our thriving business here at West Park Animal Hospital.
Armed with such an exceptional facility, equipment, and staff, we are able to successfully perform a variety of veterinary surgical procedures, including:
- Spays and neuters
- Lump removals
- GDV (gastric dilatation volvulus syndrome, or bloat) emergency surgeries, as well as stomach tacking to help prevent reoccurrence
- Foreign body removals
- Abdominal exploratories
- Splenectomies (removal of the spleen)
- Cranial cruciate ligament corrections (torn ACL repairs)
- Fracture repairs using plates and screws
- Enucleations (removal of the eye)
- Dental extractions
- Among many others…
As an added benefit, we will transfer your pet to our dependable ICU (intensive care unit) after surgery for further monitoring, pain management, and a peaceful, relaxing recovery.
ADVANTAGES OF VETERINARY LASER SURGERY
Laser surgery is a newly innovated alternative to using the traditional surgical scalpel. Unlike the scalpel, a laser beam safely cauterizes nerve endings and blood vessels as it makes the incision.
How does this benefit your pet?
- Less bleeding
- Reduced swelling
- Reduced surgery time and less time under anesthesia
- Increased surgical accuracy (with the reduction in bleeding and ability to adjust the size of the laser beam, veterinary surgeons have more visibility and control)
- Less pain after surgery
- Faster healing and recovery time
Laser surgery can be used to perform a number of common procedures, such as:
- Cat declaws
- Spay and neuter procedures
- Vascular surgery
- Open abdomen exploratories
- Tumor or lump removals
- And more…
Thank you for your Cleveland Hot List votes. We were voted #1 again for the 5th year in a row! We are happy to continue to serve the community and appreciate your support.