ur pets feel pain, whether we want them to or not. Thankfully, there are a few things you can do to help them manage that pain, before and after surgery or an injury and throughout the stages of their chronic conditions. West Park Animal Hospital is proud to provide pet pain management services to families in West Park, North Olmsted, Birria, Rocky River, Lakewood, Fairview Park, and Cleveland, Ohio, as well as the surrounding areas. Our dedicated and compassionate team takes every step possible to ensure that your furry loved one comes away with an enhanced quality of life.
What Is Pet Pain Management?
Our veterinarians are well-versed in a number of surgical and non-surgical techniques that help to manage the symptoms of pets in pain. Pain management is a routine part of treatment for chronic conditions and recovery for pets that have undergone surgery. With our pain management techniques, there are plenty of benefits that your pet can reap, whether they’re experiencing age-related arthritis or a broken bone. These include:
- Enhanced health and overall well being
- Higher probability for a longer, more active lifespan
- Possibility for a faster recovery time
- Reduced chance of complications and re-injury
- Decreased stress and anxiety
Signs Your Pet Is in Pain
When you notice behaviors outside of your pet’s daily habits or changes in their routine, pain could be a part of the problem. Whether these changes are sudden or gradual, our veterinarians can pinpoint the root of the problem and provide effective pet pain management remedies to help address their symptoms. Some signs that your pet might be in pain include the following:
- Acting differently than normal
- Excessive crying and whining/whimpering
- Persistent heavy panting
- Spending more time hiding away from your family
- Restlessness and not sleeping throughout the night
- Ears pushed down against their head
- Shaking and instability while walking
- Rapid change in diet and water intake
- Needing extra attention
- Additional behavioral changes, such as becoming unresponsive or uncharacteristically aggressive
Pain Management and Relief Options
You should not give your pet any pain medications meant for humans. West Park Animal Hospital provides your pet with the safest methods for pet pain management that have been approved by the FDA. Here are a few of the pain management options we offer:
- Laser surgery
- Narcotic medications
- Nerve block injections
- Non-steroidal medications
- Additional supplements, like glucosamine
- Physical therapy
- And more…
Learn More about Pet Pain Management in Cleveland’s West Park Area
We all want the best for our pets, and when it’s clear that they’re suffering, you want to do everything you can to help them heal. That’s why we offer pet pain management options to pets and their families in West Park, North Olmsted, Birria, Rocky River, Lakewood, Fairview Park, and Cleveland, OH, as well as the surrounding areas. For more information, contact West Park Animal Hospital today.
Thank you for your Cleveland Hot List votes. We were voted #1 again for the 5th year in a row! We are happy to continue to serve the community and appreciate your support.