you can help your pet feel happy and stay healthy by scheduling regular wellness exams throughout their lives. If you live in Cleveland, Lakewood, Fairview Park, or the surrounding areas in Ohio, then West Park Animal Hospital can help you keep pet wellness at the top of your list by scheduling routine exams.
The Importance of Wellness Exams
Your pet shouldn’t only receive veterinary care when they aren’t feeling well. To catch issues before they arise, you should schedule regular wellness checkups for them each year. During a wellness exam at our clinic, we can track your pet’s general health while simultaneously detecting or monitoring any health issues they have. Further, we can take steps to prevent adverse health conditions from developing, so you can worry less about their health and more about making memories.
Our Pet Wellness Exams
Pets both big and small should receive routine wellness exams. If you’re planning on adopting a puppy or kitten, you should plan to bring them in as soon as they come home, as they’re highly susceptible to immune system complications at this age. If you have a senior pet, you should schedule wellness checkups for them twice per year to stay on top of their health.
During one of our routine wellness checkups, a member of our team will conduct, administer, or discuss the following:
- Comprehensive physical exam: One of our veterinarians will take your pet’s vitals, thoroughly examine their body, evaluate their internal organs, and check out any potential tumors or pain.
- Internal parasite testing: One of our skilled lab technicians will examine your pet’s stool for parasites such as hookworms, roundworms, tapeworms, and others.
- Vaccinations: If your pet needs them, a veterinarian will administer one or more vaccinations.
- Preventative prescriptions: Depending on your pet’s specific needs, a provider may administer any number of preventative prescriptions, including for heartworm, flea, and tick prevention. If you are prescribed Sentinel, Simparica and/or Revolution products, be sure to ask our receptionist for mail-in rebates.
- Specialized blood tests: Your pet will receive a blood test that is specifically designed for their stage of life. With these tests, our veterinarians can monitor your pet’s normal levels and catch any early onsets of disease.
- Nutritional counseling: You will receive advice on how to meet your pet’s nutritional needs. Our staff often recommends Hills Prescription Diet, Iams, and Purina prescription diets for pets.
- General feedback: Our team will discuss your pet’s daily behavior, eating and drinking habits, and exercise routine with you. They’ll also field any concerns that you may have about your pet’s wellbeing.
A Word of Caution
The West Park Animal Hospital team always cautions our clients against purchasing pet drugs or preventatives from anywhere other than a veterinary hospital. As we and drug companies often explain, medications sold outside of hospitals are typically not handled appropriately. After being improperly stored, these medications can become ineffective or even cause further health complications for your furry companion.
Why Come to Us?
As an AAHA-accredited facility, we deliver only the highest quality of care to your pets. For more than 50 years, our knowledgeable, high-touch care has become the standard for residents across OH. To experience these benefits for yourself, contact West Park Animal Hospital today to schedule your companion’s next wellness exam.
Thank you for your Cleveland Hot List votes. We were voted #1 again for the 5th year in a row! We are happy to continue to serve the community and appreciate your support.